CELEBRATING POSITIVITY IN LIFE. FOR BEAUTY, SUCCESS AND LOVE.

Love freely, give freely

Love freely, give freely
"The Free-Love Flag: please take care of your friends" ~ designed by the blogger

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Appreciated #6

Visit entry Appreciated #5

The following are some items I really appreciate.





Malaysia: Truly Asia
promo video





One Golden Celebration! Malaysiaku Gemilang!




Finally, a meaning to the word "Sanaria"! Drawing inspiration from the acronym of the Singapore Anti-Narcotics Association (SANA) -- unless I have recalled incorrectly -- I coined the term "Sanaria" in 2002 for a secondary school film project; it was designated as the name of a fictitious country. Later I used it as the name of a fictitious company. Not too long afterwards I gave it spiritual meaning by looking up the definitions of "Sana" and "Ria": Sana means 'Word' in Finnish, and Ria is 'estuary' in English. So, as a Christian at that time, "Sanaria" became "Estuary of the Word" to me while I endeavoured to be a repository for unique Seventh-day Adventist truths. Of course, I ceased as a Christian, and "Sanaria" reverted to a definition-less term, much like the name "Sarawak".

Today, I can afford to ascribe new and potentially popular meaning to "Sanaria" (see above JPEG image). "SANAR" I have made into an acronym for the Latin words Scientia, Ars, Natura, Amor and Revelatio, meaning Science, Art, Nature, Love and Revelation. Evidently, there is spiritual belief in the word Revelatio, as I believe many people seek and appreciate Divine guidance.

SANAR with IA makes SANARIA, and can be perceived as a faith movement that believes in Science, Art, Nature, Love and Revelation. I may use this name in the future for a club, society or fellowship -- perhaps, even a territory of land, e.g. a housing estate, a municipal district, or even a country -- that bears these 5 concepts in mind.

Hence, "Sanaria" denotes a way of life. It is the word for a glorious "Life Nation".

Sanaria is my way of life. Is it yours? Join me, if you wish, and be a Sanarian too!

(Although I use the word "Sanaria" in my 'coat-of-arms' [see blogsite header], it is in no way restricted to Wicca ideology. You do not have to be Wiccan to be a Sanarian.)




Amarantine, by Enya. It gives you a mild 'floatational' feeling, though there appears to be, IMO, room for improvement, e.g. perhaps more grasp and power in Enya's movements, and more natural facial expression?






A fast-paced, action-packed classic Power Rangers music video! It's one of the most well-made Rangers MVs I have ever come across. Got some adrenaline going.






Emma Lahana as Kira Ford in Power Rangers: Dino Thunder. Here she's performing a song entitled Freak You Out.

"The world is not divided into good guys and Death Eaters. There is good and evil in all of us; it is the part we choose to act upon that makes the difference." -- or something to this effect. I quote Sirius Black, played by Gary Oldman, in the movie Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

I observe that, most of the time, J.K. Rowling has a "show, don't tell" attitude in writing her stories; she does not get all preachy about her characters' ethics, morals, etc. Rather, she presents her characters as-is and as they are in parallel to real-world people. Thus we are left to judge her characters for ourselves.

This is pretty much how I analyze the daily news: the daily reports the facts, makes little comment and thus leaves readers to make their own conclusions.



Everything I've wanted,
all that I've asked of you.
Everything I've dreamed of,
it's all coming true.
So stay with me (with me),
as we walk hand in hand.

Malaysia, Truly Asia,
The mountains and the sea.
Malaysia, Truly Asia,
It's calling out, to you and me.

Malaysia, Truly Asia.

~ from the Malaysia Truly Asia Television Commercial

I'll strive to make my country a place that is attuned to Nature and respectful of it. I want to see human habitations constructed in as environment-friendly a way as possible. I want to see clear skies and breathe fresh air...yes, even in the cities. I want to be part of the move to implement affordable and accessible public transport that runs on cleaner fuel. Malaysia needs renewable energy resources to stay alive; we cannot let this part of our planet waste away. We cannot keep taking from Nature without giving back. How long more shall we suffer the pain of the imbalance that has been caused by disrespectful development?

No comments:

I QUIT

August 31st, 2007: I quit Christianity, church, Pentecostalism and Seventh-day Adventism, not because I hate them, but 'cos I find them contradictory, ambiguous and 'strangulatory' in, of, and among themselves. There is so much love and beauty out in the world too foolish to back away from.

I don't know much, but I know I must do these things:

1) Meet the needs and desires of my friends
2) Don't belittle people, but find ways to uplift them
3) Solve people's problems, walk into their lives; don't condemn them and leave them to dirt
4) Save people from danger
5) Support medical work to build a safer world, and use natural remedies more often
6) Explore my sexuality and be aware of its potential. Encourage everyone to do the same.
7) Rejoice when people are happy doing things that they love and that aren't harmful or damaging
8) Let children learn lots and lots of things, and teach them to be kind, sweet, gentle and honest
9) Don't hurt or harm people in any way, unless you have to stop them hurting or harming other people
10) Use tact, sweetness and logic in solving conflicts and disputes

11) Be thoughtful, kind and considerate; let love go around and come around. Don't make people hate life.
12) I have loads to learn from others, so I must be humble, teachable and patient. Arrogance and an exuberant ego ain't love.
13) Listen to and follow advice that is meant to sustain you and provide for your own good

14) There is pain and suffering in this world, because we do loads of foolish things, do not love each other enough, do not love the planet enough
15) Science has the answers, but we wield it stupidly. We should be more careful.
16) Sustain life, don't snuff it
17) Work hard, run the economy and take care of the environment so that love and sex can persist

...and last but not least...

18) I have a Maker (a Creator) and I'm here for a purpose: to meet someone else's needs. Each person has this sort of purpose.
19) I'm looking for the true 'God', and
20) I am a sexual being, and so is everyone else, girl and boy.

ARIGATO. ^.^

Meeting our needs, fulfilling our desires

Meeting our needs, fulfilling our desires
Make love, not war, and the world'll be a better place
An it harm none, do as you will; an it cause harm, do as you must.

Blog Archive

About the blogger

My photo
Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia
20, Malaysian, Chinese, speaks English and Mandarin; in polytechnic